Welcome to my mid life crisis!

I can't believe you are actually reading my blog! How cool. Pretty much I am doing this for myself. Kind of like an on-line diary if you will. Hope you like it...just don't look too close at grammar and spelling!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

4 Weeks

My ride Saturday did wonders for me!  It was AWESOME!  We rode from Lake Stanley Draper to Lake Thunderbird and back.  I met more people and actually kept up with the group.  We were supposed to ride 45 miles but actually did 48 because --yes--we took a wrong turn AGAIN!  Even with my new fancy GPS I still got lost.  We had to cut down a street that ended up being gravel for a mile but it was all part of the adventure so its all good.

It was very scenic and a couple of the hills had me breathing so bad the guy near me thought I was having a heart attack.  My bike started wobbling because I was going so slow and the guy started chanting "I think I can, I think I can" at me! LOL

So, my mojo or whatever you call it is back!  No more self doubt, I can do this.  I was very very tired and my butt hurting after the 48 miles but I still have 4 more weeks so I feel more confident that I will build up stronger before the big ride.

Best part - I burned 2,500 calories so it made up for my "sins" from Friday and let me eat good on Saturday.  Tomorrow I am actually doing 50 miles from Britton/Hefner to Arcadia and back.  I can't believe I am taking a day off from work to ride FIFTY miles!  Whoa!  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment