Welcome to my mid life crisis!

I can't believe you are actually reading my blog! How cool. Pretty much I am doing this for myself. Kind of like an on-line diary if you will. Hope you like it...just don't look too close at grammar and spelling!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

7 days until FreeWheel

I can't believe the time is almost here.  My  heart starts pounding each time I think about it. I have started a packing staging area on my kitchen table.  Did I mention that I have never camped out before?  This should be an all around interesting experience for me!! Just please Lord let there be a store when I need one so I don't have to pee in the bushes!

Friday I rode HWY 9 from Norman to Chickasha with 2 guys that I barely know.  Talk about outside my comfort zone.  They had been on the group training ride so I knew they were not creeps.  I was able to keep up but there were so many long hills.  It was tough.  One hill lasted for a mile...an entire mile!!  It was during this point when I looked over to the side and saw a herd of weird looking cows.  It took me a few minutes to realize they were buffalo!!  Then when I was flying down this one hill a huge butterfly hit my chest and went down my shirt.  I was trying to ride with one hand at 24 mph and fish the butterfly out of my shirt with the other.  I'm sure that looked interested to the traffic on the highway!

Saturday (yesterday) I did 65 miles!  I left from my front door and rode to the start of the training ride!  We went from Yukon to Calumet.  I keep saying this but this time really was the roughest ride yet.  We went about 5 miles at one stretch straight into 25 mph wind.  The temps got up to 100 and my sister and I had major heat exhaustion right at the end.  I thought she was going to lay down on the side of the road in a patch of poison ivy.  I was coaching her to keep going and then suddenly I started seeing spots and had to sit down.  It was bad!  We learned a big lesson....start EARLY!  This ride started at 9:00 and that was way too late for this kind of heat.  We will try and leave about 6:00/6:30 on FW so we avoid this.  I had salt crystals all over me when I was done from sweating out salt.  ewwwwww.

Well, ready or not in 7 days I will be starting my big adventure.  Well....I suppose the adventure already started!  I lost a couple more pounds and saw a new number on the scales - 166!  I can't believe I have lost 184 lbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment