Welcome to my mid life crisis!

I can't believe you are actually reading my blog! How cool. Pretty much I am doing this for myself. Kind of like an on-line diary if you will. Hope you like it...just don't look too close at grammar and spelling!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 7 Miami to Joplin, MO 38 miles TOTAL 450 MILES!!!

This is it! 38 miles, I'm really tired but this has been such a great adventure.  The ride this morning was nice but they did sneak in a few really steep hills.  One had a grade of 10% but I made it up without walking.  Our rest stop was beside an old country cemetary.  Donna pretended she was dead.


We decided to take go a mile off route and get our pictures made at the place where three states meet.  That was a really neat feeling.  I can't believe we have ridden our bikes approx 450 miles.  Probably a little more if you count all the riding between hotels and camp site.

Randy and Austn were waiting at the finish line to cheer us on.  It was really good to see the end and to know we did it.  Now...time to start planning the next adventure.....

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Amy i am so Proud of you!!! I bet you did have the time of your life...can't wait to hear all about it in person. --Kari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your message will feel so good on Monday! Can't wait to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did it Amy! Sounds like you guys had lots of fun although it looks like it was a tough challenge at the same time....Maybe one day I'll will myself to try something like that....maybe for now:-)

    ReplyDelete