Welcome to my mid life crisis!

I can't believe you are actually reading my blog! How cool. Pretty much I am doing this for myself. Kind of like an on-line diary if you will. Hope you like it...just don't look too close at grammar and spelling!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 1 Hugo to Clayton 56 miles

Today was a nice easy ride. We waded out in the creek/river.  This is my sister Donna below wading out.   We had the most awesome downhill. I did 40+ mph!!! It was so freaking cool!!! Loved the biking.


We saw a dead bobcat on side of the road. Some biker propped him up in a funny pose.

Made it to new campsite by 12:30. Then there was the shower truck experience. Shower truck...outdoor rigged up showers. Everyone thought it was so nice. I've obviously led a very pampered life. Not much modesty. Had to shower in my bike clothes in order to wash them. The clothes are almost dry now and I feel his huge sense of accomplishment! Lol

Donna and I went to the Choctaw nation museum and watched them dance. The museum was air conditioned!!!! Ahhhhh I miss air conditioning. It looks like it could rain. I'm going to be brave. At least the rain might make it cooler.


Tomorrow is 65 miles and going to Heavener. Oh they have bands playing music out here and one is playing Christian music. I really hope I cool off enough to sleep. I plan to drug myself with Benedryl tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Amy! I laugh about your camping out stories! Keep up the good work..everyone is so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying that the rain that hit OKC on Monday is far away from you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love that benedryl...hope you got some sleetp! :)

    ReplyDelete