Welcome to my mid life crisis!

I can't believe you are actually reading my blog! How cool. Pretty much I am doing this for myself. Kind of like an on-line diary if you will. Hope you like it...just don't look too close at grammar and spelling!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 2 Clayton to Heavener 65 miles

4:30a.m.
They said last night that this freewheel is the hardest course they have ever done. I sure picked the year to try it. Today and Wednesday are supposed to be the most difficult. So I guess if I can handle today then I am set for the week. I didn't sleep at all last night. It was so hot. Low was 79 and that was 3:00am. I did rest though and hopefully some caffeine will perk me up.

It is so beautiful in this part of the state. I feel like I am in Arkansas or Missouri. Well I can hear all the tent zippers so time to get ready for the bike. I love the biking part of this trip!!

3:00 p.m.
I went up and down the winding staircase mountain range today and it was sooo super awesome!! I had a blast. I was even passing some of the boys going up! Woo hoo! I felt like lance Armstrong flying down as it curved around.




It was a hard ride but good. We saw so many beautiful sites. One cool site was some boys swinging on a rope into a river. Looked just like the old mountain dew commercial! I wore my allegiance credit union jersey since today is flag day.
I was very worried about my niece Jessica who was trapped in her car with rising water in OKC. She made it out okay but I was really worried for everyone and prayed a lot.

8:00 p.m.

The storm is coming our way.  Donna and I have decided to camp out in the cafeteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment