Welcome to my mid life crisis!

I can't believe you are actually reading my blog! How cool. Pretty much I am doing this for myself. Kind of like an on-line diary if you will. Hope you like it...just don't look too close at grammar and spelling!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 4 Muldrow to Tahlequah 64 miles

4:00 a.m.
I just read and re read all the encouraging texts, FB comments, and blog comments from all my friends and family. You have no idea how much that has helped me. Well that and this hotel!! Ha ha  I had the best night sleep ever!! It's almost 4:00am and I'm ready to tackle what they describe as the most difficult day of freewhweel. We ride 65 miles from Muldrow to Talequah. They said we climb the whole way.

There is one dangerous hill in which a police car will be stationed as a warning. It has a sharp turn and some gravel plus it's had alot of rain. I'm wearing my Allegiance jersey today since I did so good Monday on the climbs when I wore it!
Life is a highway..I want to ride it.....(singing this in my head today)

6:00a.m.
OH. MY. GOSH.  Hills are bad.  Only 1 hour and 10 miles of hills.  I am not sure I can do this.  This picture doesn't even begin to show how bad it really is.  I had to walk part way up 2 hills.

4:00p.m.
Today was so hard. I actually bawled at the end. Then donna got tickled at me crying so the. I was laughing and crying at the same time. They felt sorry for us and got a shuttle to take us and the bikes to our resort holiday inn express so we didn't have to ride 3 more miles from the finish.
I had no idea I could push my body that hard. I started having mental issues like "why am I doing this" and stuff like that. It was seriously rough. One hill was so bad the police sat at the top with lights on to warn us off how steep the down hill was. It was a mile long with sharp turns. I might have worn out my brake pads on that one.
Oh one fun down hill had a 25 mph speed sign and I was going 40mph!! That was funny.

Well I'm rambling. Going to walk to catfish cabin cuz I'm not getting on the bike till tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment