Welcome to my mid life crisis!

I can't believe you are actually reading my blog! How cool. Pretty much I am doing this for myself. Kind of like an on-line diary if you will. Hope you like it...just don't look too close at grammar and spelling!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 5 Tahlequah to Pryor 58 miles

4:30a.m.
Tahlequah is beautiful but time to move on. It's 4:30.....hit snooze this time so running behind.  I feel sore for the first time on the trip.  Donna and I have to ride 3 miles in dark back to campground. I hope we can see the symbols on the ground with our headlights that direct us. Today should be easier compared to yesterday. My legs are sore for the first time on this trip. I wish I liked coffee cuz I could use some!

10:00a.m.

This is the best day EVER!! I rode with Alice, Keith, and Vicky for about an hour. They were such a nice group and I loved talking to them. We went through some beautiful shaded areas and it was downhill too which is always nice.





We rolled into Salina and got the best welcome of any town so far.  I was really surprised at their energy and how they rolled out the red carpet.  I had the best Indian Taco I have ever had....well make that the only one I ever had because I didn't know I liked them!  Then we went outside and the Salina school band played for us!  I think this was the moment that the magnitude of what I am doing hit me. I thought I might cry.  It was overwhelming but in a good way. 

1 comment:

  1. 58 miles to you should be a cinch! 58 miles to me would be death! LOL! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete