Welcome to my mid life crisis!

I can't believe you are actually reading my blog! How cool. Pretty much I am doing this for myself. Kind of like an on-line diary if you will. Hope you like it...just don't look too close at grammar and spelling!

Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 6 Pryor to Miami 65 miles

I crashed on my bike this morning on the way from the hotel to camp! Scared me to death. I looked down and a HUGE bug, actually a creature of some kind, had landed on my arm. It wouldn't get off and I lost my balance in my frantic gestures to try and shoo it off. I went down on the street. This was about 4:30a.m. so it was dark out. Thank goodness there was not a car behind me. I grabbed the bike and my garmin and mirror that flew off and moved to the side of the road. Donna and I were both really shook up. The garmin was fine but the mirror had broke. We rode back to camp and then I decided my first case of "road rash" was to be considered a cool thing!



Great ride today just really hot. Mostly flat 65 miles from pryor to Miami. Donna is having trouble with leg cramps.  She eats pickles like crazy and drinks the juice because it helps.  She was very motivated to get out of the heat and decided to ride fast and hard to get to town.  I decided to take a slower approach.

As we neared Vinita I heard a guy in front of me talking about a diner that was featured on Diners Drive Ins and Dives. I decided to follow him and check it out. A couple of ladies were also doing the same thing and they invited me to sit with them. They were school teachers in their fifties from Illinois and each year they pick a different state to bike through. What a cool idea!

Tonight we have a dinner and banquet in our host city of Miami.  We also have a nice hotel room at a Holiday Inn Express - woohoo!!  Alice, Donna, and I plan to swim and visit the hot tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment