Welcome to my mid life crisis!

I can't believe you are actually reading my blog! How cool. Pretty much I am doing this for myself. Kind of like an on-line diary if you will. Hope you like it...just don't look too close at grammar and spelling!

Friday, June 11, 2010

Less than 24 hours

I'm packed.  I finally got everything into 2 duffel bags.  I had to go buy a bigger duffel bag though! The sense of dread I was feeling the past coupel of days is starting to lift and I'm feeling some excitement about the adventure.  Its still so far outside my comfort zone.  Everyone thinks these things come easy for me - they don't.  It would be so much easier to just make an excuse and not do it.  Deep inside I'm still that 350 lb girl that would rather eat and watch TV.  But...I know the reward will be so worth it.  The greater the challenge the greater the victory!!

I had a great day at work yesterday.  I work with the most amazing people.  I was able to get all the pressing work wrapped up so I won't be worried about my desk while I am gone.  I had lots of well wishes from my work buddies.  Maybe next year I can talk some of them into doing this with me!

Today I went in for my 2 year check up with Dr. Broussard at WeightWise.  He hasn't seen me in a year and he was impressed with my weight loss.  He said I have lost 83% of my excess weight and that is above average for a weight loss surgery patient.  I told him next time he sees me I will have lost 100% because I am just an above average kind of person! ha ha!!

Tonight Randy is taking me out on a date! We haven't done that in forever.  He is taking me to Micky Mantles - ooooh la la!!  Tomorrow I have a date with my bike at the Texas border.  Ready or not...here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment